Sick Harlequin Rasbora

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoeH2014

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everyone. If I could get help, I would appreciate it. I've used the template to provide info. Will also include a picture.

1~What type of fish is afflicted? In addition, please describe what is wrong with the fish to the best of your ability (i.e. cotton like growth, bloated, etc.).

Harlequin Rasbora with a strange growth/line across body

2~What are your tank parameters (ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, temp, pH)? Please give exact values.

Ammo and nitrites 0
Nitrates 5-10
Temp 78
Ph 8.2

3~ How large is the tank? How long has the tank been set up?

45 gallon setup with fish for about a month after completing a 2 week fishless cycle.

4~What type of filtration are you using? Please give the name and number (i.e. Fluval 304) and amount of gph if known.

Fluval U4

5~How many fish are in the tank? What kinds of fish are they and what are their current sizes?

1 pearl gourami
1 blue ram
4 red platys
4 corys
3 neon tetras
1 ghost shrimp

6~When is the last time you did a water change and vacuum the gravel? How often do you do this? How much water do you remove at a time?

Last week, I did 25% PWC every day while getting rid of ich. Otherwise, I do a 25-30% PWC with gravel cleaning every weekend.

7~How long have you had the fish? If the fish is new, how did you acclimate it/them?

Fish is an original, so around a month.

8~Have you added anything new to the tank--decor, new dechlorinator, new substrate, etc.?

No

9~What kind of food have you been feeding your fish, have you changed their diet recently?

Feed flakes twice a day. Usually feed brine shrimp and blood worms as an additional treat once a day, on an alternating schedule.

Not really sure what to think of this fish's condition. Hard to describe. He has a grayish look around his side fins and dorsal fin. Looks like ride side fin is sticking out at all times. Stays separate from the group.

Thank for your help.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1410433802206.jpg
    1410433802206.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 69
I think it's just on the one side. In fact, that line didn't appear until this morning. It was just the grayish coloring and the weird pectoral fin.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom