sick tiger scat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

longbrro

Aquarium Advice Regular
hi guys...
yesterday i found my scat fish so tired and her fence was eaten a little bit and was have some kind of red color close to the body ( fence with red color )....and i toke her to another tank alone.....and today i found her breathing hardly and sleeping on her side on the bottom of the tank....yesterday her eye have some white spot on it.....today also......please any advice ???

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear about the ill health of your fish... But how long have you had him for? What are the water parameters like? Ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH, GH and KH, and temperature? Water parameters are crucial to a fish's well being.

The redness could be inflammation due to infections. I would recommend a partial water change first, clean water wouldn't hurt... If you could, please find out what the water parameters are, that way we can start working towards finding out what's wrong.

Best of luck,
Alex.

hay alex....thank you for reply.
my fish was in the tank for 2 months i have another one but she is very well......do u have any idea how to start taking water parameter is there is any stuff i can buy to take the parameter....the water is between 30 and 29 degree on the digital Thermometer last week she was ill also but when i add 1 kilo of sea salt to my 180 leter tank she get well and better and the white spots on her eye gone......but yesterday she was tired and have the red color....and today she died in the morning.....but any way....please do u have any idea of the problem ???.

Hi Longbrro

I'm sorry for your loss... I've recently lost one of my goldfishes, and I feel your pain.

Nevertheless, we need to pick up the pieces and make sure this doesn't happen to your other tiger scat.

What you would need is a test kit that tests ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH, GH and KH levels. Something like this would suffice:
Freshwater Master Test Kit - API

Also, please fill in as much of the form below as possible, this would help us understand a bit more about your tank's setup etc:

1~What type of fish is afflicted? In addition, please describe what is wrong with the fish to the best of your ability (i.e. cotton like growth, bloated, etc.).
2~What are your tank parameters (ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, temp, pH)? Please give exact values.
3~ How large is the tank? How long has the tank been set up?
4~What type of filtration are you using? Please give the name and number (i.e. Fluval 304) and amount of gph if known.
5~How many fish are in the tank? What kinds of fish are they and what are their current sizes?
6~When is the last time you did a water change and vacuum the gravel? How often do you do this? How much water do you remove at a time?
7~How long have you had the fish? If the fish is new, how did you acclimate it/them?
8~Have you added anything new to the tank--decor, new dechlorinator, new substrate, etc.?
9~What kind of food have you been feeding your fish, have you changed their diet recently?

Back
Top Bottom