something happening to my knifefish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

P. Theunissen

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi people i need some hlep over here. Last sunday my knifefish jumped out the aquarium and i don't knos what happened. My wife woke my up in the moring a i think the fish wash lying there for almost 20 minutes. I picked him up and put him back in the aquarium. In the beginning he was a little dizzy but he survived. Yesterday i saw a strange thing on his skin. It looks like his skin is peeling of.
What can I do against this. His length is 22" and I have him for almost 4 or 5 years and never had a problem with him. I have him in an 125 gal tank.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130807_210834.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130807_210834.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 63
  • ForumRunner_20130807_211147.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130807_211147.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 57
Yes I noticed that after a while when I put him back in the aquarium. Will it heal without doing nothing. What you did you do with yours to let it heal.

Yes I noticed that after a while when I put him back in the aquarium. Will it heal without doing nothing. What you did you do with yours to let it heal.

Not sure what other people do, but I added a little bit of Melafix and kept the lights off noticed improvements within a day

Thanks. I will look for Melafix tomorow. I don't know if i can get it over here.

Okay, the active ingredient in melafix is melaleuca 1.0%.. So if they don't make melafix there look for something with that ingredient or even a basic slime coat/ stress relief treatment I think would be fine

Back
Top Bottom