start of a bad day... dead cory. :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allaboutfish

Aquarium Advice Addict
i dont know what happened to him. ill post pics if needed. he had a red spot on the side he was laying on, but i dont have a pic of that. here's a little info
10 gallon
1-male betta
1-chinese algae eater (2-3 inches he'll be leaving soon)
was 3 now 2- juli corys
ill post test results in a sec. i am cycling but i have seachem prime and i've been doing alot of water changes and dosing with melafix so that if they get ammonia burns it'll help. no other fish looks sick. any ideas? do i need to take any precautions?

Sounds like you are doing what you can. Fish-in cycling can be hard on the fish, and the heavier the tank is stocked, the harder it is to keep the fish healthy, since they are producing so much waste. One thing I always do when I fish-in cycle is stock lightly.

are the other corys gonna be happy enough with eachother until i can get the tank cycled? my 5 gallon is just about cycled and ill be moving the chinese algae eater and betta over there. should i add 2 more cories after this or what? my 5 gallon levels are
ammo-0
nitrite-.25
nitrates-5.0
so it's farther along even though havent had it as long. im gonna get some moss and other plants at the lfs so maybe that'll speed up the cycle.

Stop using the melafix and up the PWCs. Trying to diagnose something specific before the tank is stablized and established is usually a good way to add to your problems. So is adding more fish. The CAE will need some thought down the road as it may get aggressive and needs a larger tank.

it's gonna either be sent to some on here for free (if i can find someone) or going to the LFS tomorrow.

Smart. Good job. I think you and your fish will be fine. Just stay patient and vigilant for a bit longer. Things will "settle down" if they are allowed to.

Back
Top Bottom