suspected columnaris, please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fry

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Yesterday I noticed one of my rosy barbs was missing her upper lip and was very pale. I pulled her out into quarantine and also grabbed another female and another male I think, that looked suspicious to me (1 was pale, not as "shimmery" and vibrant as my other fish, and the other seemed to be a male with very pale colorations, but could go here/there- but he never eats when I feed the tank and sometimes I think he has spots of lesser coloration, so out he goes.) After pulling these 3 fish the one with the missing lip died. Rest of fish (6 tiger barbs, 4 green tiger barbs, 3 remaining rosy barbs and 1 black ruby barb, and a pleco) seem perfectly fine.

BUT my favorite big rosy, I'm not sure if I'm paranoid but it looks like his lips are maybe slightly bigger than normal and showing a lot of white.. but not fluffy... and then sometimes I look at him and he looks fine.

I need to know if I should treat the tank? Does this sound like columnaris? What should I use? I have nerite snails and a common pleco. :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom