Transported baby mollies in a new tank... staying at the bottom HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It really is frustrating! Never know if you have to much or too little.

Is there a certain limit of pwc you should do a day? Because I do a few a day like 3-4 50%?

Mumma.of.two said:

Okay thank you! I started feeding them little pieces of brine I'm noticing there bellies are all getting big. One is really big and round. Some bigger than the other!bAnd I noticed that some are bigger in size than the other is that normal. I think he is the male though. I can't wait till ik what is a girl and what is a boy they kind of starting to show but I can't be sure yet.
There are two mollies that always are together and swim around where one goes the other follows is that normal?

CMN said:
Okay thank you! I started feeding them little pieces of brine I'm noticing there bellies are all getting big. One is really big and round. Some bigger than the other!bAnd I noticed that some are bigger in size than the other is that normal. I think he is the male though. I can't wait till ik what is a girl and what is a boy they kind of starting to show but I can't be sure yet.
There are two mollies that always are together and swim around where one goes the other follows is that normal?

It is normal for some to be bigger than others and it's also normal for them to hang out with one fish more than another. Make sure you don't over feed them. It can foul the tank causing ammonia and too much protein (brine shrimp) can make them constipated.

Mumma.of.two said:
It is normal for some to be bigger than others and it's also normal for them to hang out with one fish more than another. Make sure you don't over feed them. It can foul the tank causing ammonia and too much protein (brine shrimp) can make them constipated.

Oh okay I didn't know that.

That fish smell is finally starting to go away! Does that mean my tank is getting better?

Does adding salt bring the ph level up or down? Or does it do nothing.

Back
Top Bottom