Trapped for days under a plant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scott1980

Aquarium Advice Activist
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AcNWbRmzZtWTjg

For starters, I'm wondering if anybody can identify this Cory for me. A few days ago, I purchased him and fell in love with him. He was very active and just loved exploring. Not more then 24 hours putting him in there, I no longer saw him. Having fish vanish for days on end in the plants, I didn't worry to much about it. After a day, I was peeking in and noticed him under the root structure of one of my plants and wasn't moving. It appeared he was stuck and couldn't move. I reached my hand down into the tank and removed the plant and he frantically begin wiggling, moving, and shaking while I was doing this. After I removed the plant, he didn't really move and lost a lot of his color. He was trapped there for at least two days. I let him be for a day and he barely moved. When he tried to move, he looked off balance. He use to swim up and down constantly, but now just lays there. He could still make it to the top of the tank, but rarely does it. After leaving him in the primary tank for a day, I moved him to a small 2 gallon tank by himself with nothing to get trapped in. Any ideas what might have happened? Did he injure a fin, when he was trapped? By the way, he was in a 20 gallon wide freshwater planted tank.

He's still alive. He rolls over to his side sometimes, I thought he was dead at first and reached him to remove him and he started moving again. This is so agonizing!:puppydogeyes:

I think corys just like loaches will lay on their side from time to time. My botia loaches do it all the time.

Yeah, but he's on his side most of the time now swimming in endless circles on the bottom of the tank. He's giving it all his might but isn't really getting somewhere. His energy seems to be coming back and but he can't seem to keep himself upright. I've also noticed that he's becoming more red on his bottom.

Back
Top Bottom