Twisted swordtail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

El_diablo

Aquarium Advice Activist
Has anybody ever seen this before? My female swordtail is twisting her head to the left and it's effecting the way she swims. It looks like her spine is bent. The photo isn't the best but u can kind of see wt I mean

Attachments

• image-444304958.jpg
    image-444304958.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 65
  • image-3134788719.jpg
    image-3134788719.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 66
Just noticed her being like this last night. And what is TB and if it is TB whats the best way to treat it?
Thanks for replying

TB stands for Tuberculosis. It's a pretty nasty disease for a fish to come down with.

Keep an eye on her for a few days. She might have just gotten caught somewhere and is holding herself funny. In the mean time, read up on any fish diseases that can cause bent spines, starting with TB.

I hope its not Fish TB it looks pretty serious! there is a couple of other things it could be, injury being 1 of them, hopefully with out sounding too cruel it is just an injury because the consequences of TB look pretty horrific! I'll be keeping an eye on her for the foreseeable future. luckily none of the other fish appear to be affected.
thanks again for the info

I wish you luck with your Swordtail! My Panda Moon Molly had this happen to her as well, and I discovered too late what was wrong and we lost her. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom