Two Sick Guppies. Please help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meganz123

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have had this 10 gal tank for a few months now and I have two guppies in it. One has an orange tail with small white and red dots in it and I have done research and believe it is fungus. My other guppy has been recently tail pinching and has very minor finrot. I have tried using tap and distilled water and salt. I just recently added two plants and I also have an undergravel filter. I do water changes every sunday and their tail fungus seems to be slowly clearing up but they still dont seem active. I also just today added Prime water conditioner. Is there anything else I could do to help them? Water levels are: GH 30 KH240 pH~7.5 Nitrate 20 Nitrite 0.5 slowly decreasing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Is there a possibility of parasites or diseases??

meganz123 said:
I have had this 10 gal tank for a few months now and I have two guppies in it. One has an orange tail with small white and red dots in it and I have done research and believe it is fungus. My other guppy has been recently tail pinching and has very minor finrot. I have tried using tap and distilled water and salt. I just recently added two plants and I also have an undergravel filter. I do water changes every sunday and their tail fungus seems to be slowly clearing up but they still dont seem active. I also just today added Prime water conditioner. Is there anything else I could do to help them? Water levels are: GH 30 KH240 pH~7.5 Nitrate 20 Nitrite 0.5 slowly decreasing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Is there a possibility of parasites or diseases??

Ammonia?
Ugs tend to turn into nitrate factories
I'd add a HOB or whisper 20i
Other stock and pictures?

Do you mean an air pump or a filter? I have an air pump for the undergravel filter but maybe a regular filter in the tank would help

meganz123 said:
Do you mean an air pump or a filter? I have an air pump for the undergravel filter but maybe a regular filter in the tank would help

A filter

Back
Top Bottom