Unexplained flashing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harlow

Aquarium Advice Regular
Good ol country town outskirts of Auburn IN
I've noticed that many of my fish, including my jack dempsey, some tiger barbs, and a gold gourami have been flashing, that is rubbing themselves against structures as if to scratch an itch. I've dealt with this while ich was present, but have never seen it randomly. There is no visible inch on any of the fish. What else could be causing the flashing? I have, just to be safe, turned the temp up a bit and have been treating the water with "the green stuff" , still not seeing anything i can give a name to for the cause.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've noticed that many of my fish, including my jack dempsey, some tiger barbs, and a gold gourami have been flashing, that is rubbing themselves against structures as if to scratch an itch. I've dealt with this while ich was present, but have never seen it randomly. There is no visible inch on any of the fish. What else could be causing the flashing? I have, just to be safe, turned the temp up a bit and have been treating the water with "the green stuff" , still not seeing anything i can give a name to for the cause.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sounds like velvet to me. Velvet can only be seeing by flashing a flashlight at the fish.

Back
Top Bottom