Flashing Danios

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

King1968

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi newbie desperate for some good advice,I've have a 85 litre tank I kept Platies for and white cloud minnows and Venezuelan black corydoras for 4 years without any problems before my last platy died he started to flash when he died I cleaned the tank thoroughly vacuumed the gravel and done a 50% water change I let the tank run for a month with the 4 Black Venezuelan corydoras no problem,I then brought 5 pearl danios and got given 4 zebra danios a few fish started to flash straight away 5 months later some of my fish are still flashing no deaths still eating well ,I've upgraded my filter to a Fluval u3 and added a heater set at 22c on Wednesday,saws zebra danio and pearl danio rubbing against the gravel quite hard yesterday,assisian snails are breeding I saw some corydoras eggs on the glass yesterday water test yesterday ammonia 0 Nitrite 0 Nitrate 5 Ph 7.6 High PH 7.4 I've treated with Esha flukes and tape worms Kordons ick attack at different times with no joy so very frustrating as I've upgraded the filter and added a heater should I wait a while to see if a constant temperature helps and stops the flashing,my treatment options are limited as I have assisian snails and corydoras and haven't another smaller tank to remove them to,hoping someone will help with some good advice as I'm at my wits end

Thanks

Peret

Back
Top Bottom