Unkown fish Disease(s)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trynitey

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Okay, I noticed that my Molly looked like her skin was "falling off" so I moved her to my hospital tank. She's been in there for a couple days and no signs of getting better just getting worse. Her tail fin is starting to be brownish on the edges and her skin still looks bad. I've been looking up info on fish diseases but can't seem to figure out what this is... If ANYONE could help me, it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm no expert, but it sounds like fin rot. Fresh water and medicating with Melafix would be a good start to helping your Molly.

Sorry to hear, and wish you luck!

I am going to slip this thread on over to unhealthy fish.

I agree that Melafix would be a good place to start. I have had a lot of luck using it for fin rot. Check your water parameters as well, as often a dip in water quality can bring this on.

What are the water parameters, especially ammonia? It sounds like ammonia burns with a resultant bacterial infection. Fresh water, as mentioned, is a must, but Melafix won't be effective in this case; its just not strong enough. I'd look into a broad spectrum antibiotic like Kanacyn.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom