Urgent help needed!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GuppyLover

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 2month old dalmatian molly. Earlier today she was acting fine, I was gone forum about 3 hours and when I camera home she was a mess. If you looks at her from her belly she is shaped like a S. I have a bunch of others fish including fry in the tank. I fed her peas even thoughe I donte think its Swim Bladder. This disease is really gainning one her.

her spine is an s shape?? tuberculosis is somewhat common in fish espeically mollies. My daughter has a 1 year old dalmation female molly that had quite bad curve, she swam real funny, the odd day she was more straight, now that shes pregnant, straight, barely a curve at all, I dont even hardly recognize her..... I dont know what'll happen after she deliveres, if she'll go back to really curvy, or what... we havent treated her, and as far as I| know you cant treat for it...

her name is 'kinky'

could this be what your talking about?

Basically, yes. My girls names is Oreo, my 4 year old niece loves her to death. We will both be crushed if we lose her. I raised her from fry hood so she means tons to me. I was thinking it might be fish TB too. My sisters fish is exhibiting similar symptoms. I cleaned her tank yesterday and then cleaned mine after that the only thing they both came in contact with is me!

As far as I know, unfortunately, there's no treatment for fish TB
Fish Tuberculosis

That's a pretty good article on it IMO. Good luck! sorry to hear!

gkuzel, Thanks for the article. The only things I am worried about are A} It says its best to euthanize all of the fish in the infected tank (I have 2angelfish fry, 20 guppy fry, 2 guppys, 2 mollies, 3 serpae tetras and a cory) B} It says it can't spreadto others animals, I have 2 horses, 2 dogs, and a chipmunk..

I have a QT, it has 2 fish in it with ich, should I put her in with them or leave her alone.

gkuzel, Thanks for the article. The only things I am worried about are A} It says its best to euthanize all of the fish in the infected tank (I have 2angelfish fry, 20 guppy fry, 2 guppys, 2 mollies, 3 serpae tetras and a cory) B} It says it can't spreadto others animals, I have 2 horses, 2 dogs, and a chipmunk..

I have a QT, it has 2 fish in it with ich, should I put her in with them or leave her alone.

I dont know, this may be true, but my daughters has been in her tanks for 3-4 months, and no other fish seem bothered..

IMO i wouldnt euthanize now, you many not even have problems with the others, and only do so when and if it was called for.

I dont know how to explain it but like I mentioned earlier pregnancy has totally agreed with kinky she looks better than ever with only a slight curve at the moment, we'll see what happens after she delivers

Just a word of warning with fish TB. I don't think it's been proven, but it is thought that humans can catch TB from fish. Just to be on the safe side, I would wear gloves when handling any of your fish or tank from now on :/

Just a word of warning with fish TB. I don't think it's been proven, but it is thought that humans can catch TB from fish. Just to be on the safe side, I would wear gloves when handling any of your fish or tank from now on :/

I have also heard this, not sure if its true or not, I do think the odds are very small though.. either way safety first :)

Back
Top Bottom