What are these little white worms? snails?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vllx

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, Lately Ive seen baby snails in my tank, and small white worms. This morning Ive noticed that there are a ton of them. They range from another a dot size to half an inch in length. Im curious if they are bad for my tank. Ive had a pair of breeding bosemani rainbow fish in the tank (16 gallon bow front)and they were fine, but ive recently took them out and placed them into a 55 gallon community tank. I was going to clean out the whole tank but I have about 30 one week old rainbow frys and about another 30 unhatched eggs, as well as 12 zebra hap obliquiden frys in the tank and they are too small for me to catch and relocate. The frys seem to be swimming about and fine, I have not fed them yet and they are pretty healthy. Im wondering if these white worms are baby snails..? or are they bad, better yet, what exactly are they?

Here are some basic info about my tank incase it'll help.
a. 16 gallon bow front with internal whisper filtration and flourascent light.
b. 1 amazon life plant with some weed/ grass like plants.
c. brown algea and small amount of green algea are growing on the amazon plant's leaves.
d. tank has been set up for 6 weeks
e. last water changed was 1 week go, did 30% water change.
f. was feeding the parent rainbow frozen bloodworms and frozen brine shrimp as wel as "ocean nutrition" brand "formula two" flakes.
g. temparature is 80 degree F, ph is 7.6

another thing, the baby look-a-like white worms are all over the glass walls. Please help.. Thank you.

NM I found out what they are.

did some research and found out that they're not parasites, so they won't kill my fish. but im not sure if the fish will eat them either. they show up in err..:drinking:tanks with too much fish waste, excesses feeding, and dead or dying plants.

Back
Top Bottom