What if a fish swallows a maracyn tab?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DepotFish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Do you think it would be harmful if a fish swallowed a maracyn tab? I am careful to wrap the tab in a net and let it dissolve with the net in the water so my fish haven't had a chance to mistake one for food, but I was just wondering. No a clue what's wrong with this one fish but I've seperated him off and put in half a maracyn. Possibly just stress but a general antbiotic won't hurt, a pond mate died of dropsy about a month ago.

well i did a w/c long time ago and didnt know **** about aquariums
and well i was using ph tabs because i didnt want the ph so high *im rolling my eyes at myself*
and well one of my danios at that time decided to swim in it and started spaziming later and shortly after died.
i dont know if was him swimming in the water i was pooring in . he chased me every where or that.
but i dont know if meds could hurt so much.
doctors double dose if the case is needed and nothing bad happens if its only an antibiotic.
our you could just get a fish cup and take tank water and disolve it in there first
i do that with all my stuff now. always mix it first. i have a jar for salt. a cup for meds and stuff. and then a cup for testing water in. instead of gettting off my ass and going back and forth lol i sit on the couch and watch t.v

I don't know, but would imagine that a fish would spit the medicine out if it came upon it. If it did eat it, I don't think it'd be a problem.

What is wrong with the other fish?

Back
Top Bottom