Zebra loach with weird nodules on neck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mcgolg76

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hard to explain but one of my zebra loathes had these bumps on both side of her neck under her skin. Developed in last month or so. Doesn't car sick. She is the alpha of my 8 zebra loaches. Also yet whole 6 mos of had her she has had a bloated belly. I assumed she was full of eggs. But this hasn't changed at all. Any loach experts seen this before. Tried to get good pics but she wasn't to cooperative. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394417859.787312.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394417881.917741.jpg

Looks like it is getting worse. On side it seems to be pushing through the skin. Fish still acting healthy. Just wierd that both growths are even on both sides. Btw so hard to get a good pic of a loach. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396121209.458866.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396121241.493295.jpg

Haven't seen it on any other fish in tank. And the uniformity makes me think it is some growth

My thought would be a growth but I don't think you have anything to miss by assuming a parasite and treating in QT. I can't think of anything else apart from those two.

I'd do just the one loach in QT and see how it goes. Also if the loach does pass on, this keeps the body away from other fish (just in case).

Back
Top Bottom