a hitchhiking anenome w/pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phat742

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
any idea what kind of anenome this is?

imag0045.jpg

here's another picture:
imag0049.jpg

Looks like apstasia to me.It will take over if you do not get it out of your tank.A lot of people use Joe's juice I have pepper mint shrinp in my tanks and they work well for me.

that seems to me more like majano which peppermint usually won't consume those.however, they are not as bad as aiptasia.They will not populate as fast as aipasia.Mine was left alone in my main tank with 5 peppermint, and after 5 months it still there and didn't do any harm.If it does out of control maybe do a Kal injection and it should kill it.
try this link=) hope this helps
http://www.wetwebmedia.com/ca/cav1i3/aiptasia_impressions/aiptaisia_impressions.htm

just an update, i think it's an orange tentacle zoo. i moved it into my fuge because my water flow (1500gph) is a bit high for it and within a few days had already split. i did get some pics of the actual splitting but they are a little blurry. with them in the fuge they really can't do much but i'm gonna try to get a bunch of them and give them to a friend. i'm still trying to find any other pictures of an orange tentacle zoo.

here's the picture of the split

imag0169.jpg

Back
Top Bottom