anemone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redneckgearhead

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so im topping off my water level today. My yellow tang was nipping at some of the cc substrate when i looked up he had a piece "attached" to him. kinda freaked me and him out he jerked around a little and it fell off. When it did something about it caught my eye so i started "fishing" the piece off of the bottom. It looks like a very tiny anemone attached to a piece of rock about the size of a pea? I placed it on the rock to try and get a pic of it. My camera wouldnt focus on it. It looks like it has tenticles with little "bulbs" on the end of them. Is this possible? I havent had the tank but maybe two monthes. It was setup by the former owner for about five years that i know of. So im not sure if he ever had an anemone in there. Ive also noticed button polyps starting to grow. The former owner says he never noticed any polyps when he had it, granted he NEVER (he says you dont have to!) changed any the water and his lights were just two pc's. Again i ask is this possibly an anemone? sorry for the bad pic

Attachments

• anemone.jpg
    anemone.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 67
Back
Top Bottom