Bought this shrimp but i dont know what it is?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree with the others. Some have been known to be a little on the aggressive side.

Are coral banded and striped cleaner shrimp the same species? (Stupid question, I know, but I honestly don't know the answer)

No they are two different shrimp. Cleaner shrimp has white stripes from front to back.

I bought one the other week, had to take it back as every morning my fire shrimp has lost either an antenae or a leg to him, it went for my fish too! Keep an eye on it.

Cbs are one of the more aggressive shrimp in the hobby..ive never had one but i gather that they dont tolerate other shrimp well at all..:(

The regular coral banded shrimp is aggressive.The golden coral banded isn't.Even keep him in with sexy shrimp with no problems.

I have a skunk cleaner, a fire/sexy, and a coral banded shrimp all living harmoniously in my 90 gallon. They all tend to stay away from each other. Coral banded is the most aggressive but doesn't cause any havoc

Not to chastise too much there, Darylb, but you broke THE cardinal rule of reef-keeping.... the impulse purchase. Nothing should go into a reef tank without first researching it.

If this is in your 9 gallon nano, it just became HIS tank.

I have a skunk cleaner, a fire/sexy, and a coral banded shrimp all living harmoniously in my 90 gallon. They all tend to stay away from each other. Coral banded is the most aggressive but doesn't cause any havoc

Big tank maybe.But in three gallon Pico the regular coral banded would eat the sexy shrimp.

I knew I wanted one but the guy at the LFS didn't tell me anything I went in a few weeks before hand and spoke to another guy and he said it would be fine I can return it if I need too

Back
Top Bottom