Can't identify if its a worm or slug.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kwaenz

Aquarium Advice Regular
Sorry cant provide a pic cos of the size of the subject and crappy camera. :\

My sandbed is between 1"-1.5" deep. Theres a small worm/slug moving under my sand.

Its characteristics are:
-1cm~2cm long.
-color is like yellowish orange.

Thing is it exposes a part of its body on the surface of the sand then sprouts its whiskers/tentacles on its end. It stay like that for a few minutes then retreats, goes to another spots then does the same thing again.

Its like a feather duster but doesnt have a shell and freely moves under the sand. Hope someone can help identify it. :)

I am not certain if its that type of worm. Its whiskers/tentacles are only on one end of its body, and thats the only part it exposes on top then the rest of its body is under the sand.

Hmm I think its a Sabellidae species, based from the pics of joy13's link. Thanks joy13 for that link BTW. :)

Hope i dont have spaghetti worms, i heard they're not so good in a reef tank.

Come to think of it, it does look like a sapg worm after all. :|

I might wait for it to grow if its tentacles will get longer too just to be sure. Any ideas how to get rid of em?

pick them out with your hands if you want, but they are harmless detritus eaters. they are good for your tank.

Back
Top Bottom