Crab ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vague

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hitchhiker good or bad? LFS gave me this acro for dirt cheap... As you can tell it's not doing well but I am hoping to get it looking good again or at least frag the parts that can be saved... Anyway just wondered though if anyone could ID the crab pic is terrible but he is in a bad spot.

Hard to tell, but it looks like an acro crab. Used to be thought of as pests, but it was later realized that they are beneficial to acro colonies by removing unwanted pests that could harm them and feed off of the mucus...if I remember it all correctly.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419052760.941593.jpg
Sniper
What do you think of this acro?
It's about 8" long ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419052841.841346.jpg 4" tall
It's not looking too good as I said my LFS sold it to me an my friend for $25 just wondering if it will make it...

That's in pretty rough shape...half of it looks like it is dead. Is there any tissue in the white area?
Either way, intense lighting and stable parameters are required for acros. If it isn't going well, you might have to frag it up to keep what is alive from continued tissue recession.

Yeah that's what I was wondering I brought it home about 5 hrs ago...what would the tissue look like (sorry new at this lol)

Look at the colored parts. That is flesh. If it looks like that it is bleached. If it looks sharp and like a rock, it's dead.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419135563.699299.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419135581.116244.jpg
Well here is the attempt at saving it ... Hope it works

Back
Top Bottom