crab id (big)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WarOrks15

Aquarium Advice Addict
ok so i was feeding the lta and i saw this big crab going for the food. well i trye to trap him and then could not wate any longer so i reached in there and got him with my hand. he is the size of a quarter and i would like to know if he would be worth takeing to the lfs or just putting him in the sump or just the trash. the sump has lr and ls. and i cant post the pic up right here becasue i cant get the 10 mb till payday becasue i do not ahve any money to give the site right now. so i have to post a link to the pic.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=4685&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

Looks like a crab to me, but no idea what kind.

i have found a few of them in my tank before. they had all been dead. i think this one killed them becasue all of the others were smaller then this one. he is hairy and has red legs. i think i will put him in the sump for now but he will not stay there for long. he has little claws. they are not very big. but he did eat just about all of that silverside i gave him tonight.

I got 4 of them out of my tank so far, they are pure evil :twisted: I cannot even tell you how many snails they have torn apart, so now when I catch them they are fed to my porcupine puffer and clown trigger :D

i think this one has been the oen to ate the pumping xenia. i had some group that was there in the tank when i shut the lights off and when they were back on the whole coral was gone. and i took all the rock out to look for it.

Back
Top Bottom