fiber optics.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BeGiNeR_7

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I got a piece of LR yesterday that had mushrooms on it. I have identified several things on it including serpent stars, fan worms, etc. but there are these little strands of what look like fiber optic filaments sticking out of it. There is no way for me to get my camera to zoom in on them at the right angle to see them and that is the only way I can think to describe them. Them are about a centimeter long and change colors at different angles. Anyone have a guess???? I am lost!

I do have some of those but these are different. They are coming out of a hole in the rock not a tube. Plus they are thinner and are clear when looking head on but at an angle they are a metalic red. I tried to get a pic. and this is the best I can do. They are moving so fast in the current and they are so small it is hard to zoom in.

They also appear blue when looking down on them. I will try to get more pics. tommorow my battery on my camera just died when I was trying to take a pic of them looking blue.

Attachments

• filaments_479.jpg
    filaments_479.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 25
Colors not important, once you get the battery swapped try a new pic. Clearer definition is needed. Even if it's blue.

Are you seeing any kind of body behind it or just the tentacles?

Cheers
Steve

sorry it took a few days....

Attachments

• fo_176.jpg
    fo_176.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 21
  • fo1_101.jpg
    fo1_101.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 25
  • fo2_217.jpg
    fo2_217.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 19
  • fo3_147.jpg
    fo3_147.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 16
Never seen anything like it to be honest. Almost looks like a type of jelly, Cladonema mabye but that's just a guess.

Cheers
Steve

spaghetti worms. You can actually watch the detritis move in them. Depending on what they ate, your actinic lighting could have a glowing affect on whats inside.

Still pretty cool NTL.

Back
Top Bottom