Found in my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Twiki

Aquarium Advice Newbie
brown spots.JPG
Came into classroom on Monday and found these spots on my cc and on the walls of the tank. In addition, my lettuce slugs seem to have shriveled up.

Ahah does this tank have water in it? Obviously these 'slugs' have died to point out the obvious :D. If it is a tank with water , it's just algae.. It's fine.

tank has been set up since November. LAst week I introduced new invertebrates: anemone, lettuce slugs, snails, and tube worms

A simple magfloat will get rid of them off the glass. Like rick said, common for new tanks. I'm more focused on the anemone and lettuce slugs. What is your lighting? A nem needs good lighting. As for the lettuce slugs, if they don't get fed enough and die they will pollute your tank with toxins. Something to keep in mind.

i also have this on my tank its been there for about a week and ive cleand it off i just comes right back and it is also on my heater and filter
do i just continue to clean it until it goes away??

Diatoms can take longer to get rid of. I think mine lasted 3 weeks on my current tank. They'll go away once they consume the silicates in your tank. You can clean it, or leave it in there until it goes away. Up to you.

Back
Top Bottom