Hair in tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick17

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok guys, in my 1 gallon live rock only tank, I discovered something that looks like hair on the side of my tank. Its thin and almost transparent. It is attached to the side of the tank in two seperate places. It waves in the current and it looks like it catches small bugs and particles in the current. Does anybody know what it is? Sorry, I couldnt get a pic of it. My phone has a terrible camera.

I don't know. You could google live rock hitchikers and see if you recognize it. If you don't know, you should probably remove it.

It has about 8-20 "strands" of hair that either drift in the current or pull back and are almost flat against the side. Each one is about 1.5 inches it looks like. They are tangled together. I wish I could get a pic but the quality doesnt even pick it up.

Try googling spaghetti worms. They are transparent and pick up stuff from the water column to feed

I looked at spaghetti worms. It doesnt seem to come from any source. It could be but it doesnt look like it.

Does it look like this?
img_2063732_0_24f4d8f4ab3b830d8515dd07bf7016d5.jpg

No, but thats the color of it. They are longer and tangled in my tank.

No, its really close to your other picture though. Its possible its white hair algae.

Yeah. Oh well. I dont think its that but it doesnt seem to bother anything in the tank. If it spreads ill bring this post up and hope I can get a picture. Thank you for the help.

Nick17 said:
Yeah. Oh well. I dont think its that but it doesnt seem to bother anything in the tank. If it spreads ill bring this post up and hope I can get a picture. Thank you for the help.

I think i know what your talking about they look as if they might have a small mouth or somethin on the end it will attach to somethin for a second the retreat back move in the waterflow a lil bit?

Back
Top Bottom