Help identifying a few things

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Turbosnail

Aquarium Advice Freak
I recently purchased my first reef tank. I have read though the stickys and could not identify these. First is a vivid green disc, it has a mouth like an anemone and closes up at night, the picture does the color little justice. Second a small anemone I think, it is clear and about the size of a dime, I have never seen it move. Third are little white specks about the size of a pin point, they are on the live rock and sometimes on the glass. The little clear anemone and the white specks can both be seen on the last two pics. Any help will be appreciated.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110117_173349.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110117_173349.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 163
  • ForumRunner_20110117_173807.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110117_173807.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 169
  • ForumRunner_20110117_173742.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110117_173742.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 172
I think mushroom dont know the anemone except that you have aiptasia which is BAD Then i think pods

I have been treating the Aiptasia. Do you mean pods like the little clear bug things? Thanks for you're reply.

Here is a better pic of the clear anemone thing.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110117_174713.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110117_174713.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 146
Look if they have a hard base. They Look a Little like polyps from dendrophylia.

Ya the little clear bug things . Ya i use to have tons of aiptasia to took forever to get rid of.
The anemone might be majano anemones look it up and see if it is similar.
Is the green disk squishy or hard?

whatever it is i hope someone IDs it, i've had one forever and could never get a good picture, its been out of lighting for a while though its still alive

the last one can be bad, but the ones we see in our home tanks don't really amount to anything. there are ones in the wild that grow pretty large and can be troublesome, but generally, we see the small ones that don't really spread that fast and come and go without reason.

I googled hairy mushroom and that looks just like mine, and the clear one looks just like the pseduocornactis. What are the white specks, they are hard? Should I try to remove or kill the pseduocornactis? It had a hard base.

I wish I could remember the name I have them too (tiny white hard spots) they started out on one of my LR that I got from my local LFS and then they mulitplied like crazy but have now slowed down. Some type of tube worm.

Back
Top Bottom