Hope this isnt ick.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

22engine

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello all. I got this maroon clown the other day. I noticed today that he has like four spots that look like sand on him. Now I did do a couple cleanings and installing another pump and koralia since he has been in and the tank got kinda bad for a little bit and I can still see what looks like some sand floating around. Have a biocube 29 and think some sand is at the bottom of chamber two. Anyway here is a pic. He is acting fine and swimming around in the currents and ate yesterday. Doesn't look to be be being bothered but wanna make sure.

View attachment 106306

Hope its not ick

Sorry the two spots are on his side above his fin and two on his head behind the first white strip

Never mind got up today and it's gone. So it must have been sand. Scared me

22engine said:
Never mind got up today and it's gone. So it must have been sand. Scared me

Not necessarily, ich drop off the host when they've had enough of a meal, to reproduce in the substrate. Keeping your fish nutritionally well fed, and stress free will help them resist future infection, but only time will tell if it was ich. If it was ich, and they just dropped off to regroup, you may see it again.

Ok I'll keep an eye out. It was only those four spots and were only there for about 18 hours. I noticed them after I cleaned the tank and moved stuff around and made a mess so hope that was it and not ich

Sounds like it could have just been sand, hope so too for your sake.
Best of luck 22!

Flreefer said:
Sounds like it could have just been sand, hope so too for your sake.
Best of luck 22!

Thank I hope so man. I was like great now I gotta go spend about 50 bucks and set up a 10 gallon tank and catch the clowns and firefish. I just fed them and they all chowed down

Back
Top Bottom