ID eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pyly220

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, I am new to the salt water. Well I have a 29gal fish tank no fish only live sand and live rocks. a baby crab and clams that came with the live rocks. This morning when I got up I notice that I had eggs in the front part of the fish tank. If any body had an idea of what type of eggs can they be any help.

image-52564068.jpg

image-846324182.jpg

Looks like green bubble algae to me as well. You can take out the bubbles one at a time with tweezers, just be very careful not to pop them!

Ok thanks. Can I just leave it there and it will go away I am afraid to try to pull it out and it will spread.

It wont go away on it's own. Emerald crabs eat it though and they are kinda cool so thats an option as well.

I would strongly suggest removing the rock it is on and remove the bubbles before putting the rock back in the tank. This stuff spreads via spores that are released when the bubbles pop. If you can get control of it now you will be happy. Dealing with it down the road could prove to be a PITA!

I pull out the piece of rock with the green stuff to clean it. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom