Id sps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kdpuffer

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I got some new coral today and one of them is a frag of some form of purple sps. No idea what it is but it wasn't looking to good in the sellers tank and hopefully will do well in mine. It's odd cause it looks like it almost died and came back which caused odd encrusting flares at the bottom of the new growth (about halfway up the coral). Any help in identification would be awesome.

Attachments

• image-680293317.jpg
    image-680293317.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 106
I'll give it the high school try lol.

Looks like some type of Acropora or maybe a Birds nest?

Just a new guys guess. Only been in the game for 9 months. I'm curious to see if I'm even in the same ball park.

Well that's what I was thinking and given the score I got today it was worth the gamble. I found a guy selling his tank and managed a green and orange encrusting monti, orange ricordia, orange and green acan plus this sps and to top it all off I got a brand new unopened 5g pail of salt and a tube of epoxy for 100. Considering for me to go get salt it requires a 45 minute drive plus it's 80+ for the salt I think it's a touchdown.

kdpuffer said:
Well that's what I was thinking and given the score I got today it was worth the gamble. I found a guy selling his tank and managed a green and orange encrusting monti, orange ricordia, orange and green acan plus this sps and to top it all off I got a brand new unopened 5g pail of salt and a tube of epoxy for 100. Considering for me to go get salt it requires a 45 minute drive plus it's 80+ for the salt I think it's a touchdown.

I'd say a HUGE score!! Nice job.

I don't think he deals much in sps but hear that Nu-nu you've been called out haha.. my guess would be a birdsnest but I'm terrible at IDs on sps lmao

kdpuffer said:
Nunu and gboy are on holidays.

Like that's stopped them from posting on here lol. With that said when you read this you two, GET OFF AND ENJOY YOUR VACATION! haha

Back
Top Bottom