Is Aiptasia Mobile???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jonboyb

Aquarium Advice Activist
After 24 hours on a new tank I've had several specimens of what I thought to be aipstasia pop up. Thye look just like the pics I can find and suck back into my rock when touched. Anyways, one particular critter that was probably the largest of the dozen or so I've found (maybe 1" tall/around) was gone this morning. Hole in LR empty too where he was. Is aiptasia able to move around the tank? I certainly can't find him elsewhere.....and there's nothing in my tank but LR and sand. No livestock other than the aiptasia and a couple of bristleworms so I'm pretty sure he wasn't eaten (unless the bristleworms were REALLY hungry)...LOL:D

Aiptasia is an anemone and they can and will "walk" around your tank. They usually do not move but they certainly can. I watched one walk down the glass of my fuge as I was draining it.

Joe's Juice is a great solution to aiptasia.

Pm Scott (Roka64) about a link he has available that shows how to remove aiptasia cost-effectively.

Back
Top Bottom