is this a bristleworm?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carey

Aquarium Advice Addict
Found this in my Pico, is it a bristleworm? It's pretty pink, I thought they were red in color? I also have one in my 125g thats identical, just bigger.

img_1478304_0_426db1f14f60342e7a7bd74f12cc8115.jpg

Looks like a bristle worm to me. Possibly a fire worm but I'm thinking bristle worm.

Why? Great cleaners and they are super cheap (free). There are also a lot of different fish who like to eat them.

Maya said:
Why? Great cleaners and they are super cheap (free). There are also a lot of different fish who like to eat them.

Its only 4 g lol and im always in it don't wanna get stung. The only fish is a tiny goby, worm is bigger than him hehe

you should use 100% base rock if you don't want worms. i've never seen a piece of live rock that came from the ocean and didn't have any type of worms in it.

so are they a good thing then for my salt tank. i was told by our fish supplier they arent so i collected all mine over the winter n discarded them. a few were almost as long as my pinkie 1 1/2 . please reply and i a newbie to this beautiful hobby

Good... Yes. They clean up deitrus and other nasties from your tank. People seem to have very strong feelings about them but they are beneficial cleaners for your tank and they don't really do any harm except look like spiky worms.

yes. most of them are just detrivores. if you have them the size you described, you are overfeeding.

yes i prolly was hee hee but that is true they are detrivores. disgusting :blink: i have a 55 gallon tank , new to this world for about 6 months and i love this hobby but really need some help with :fish1:issues. so hoping i will get assistance

Back
Top Bottom