Just got these " medium " frags , need help figuring out.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Newfiereefer

Aquarium Advice Freak
I think the first one a type of sympodium , possibly the second as well if they get bigger . Any thoughts ?

Attachments

• image-3587517740.jpg
    image-3587517740.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 139
  • image-283063302.jpg
    image-283063302.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 136
I am guessing they will stay different size's the stores DT had these in there and the looked completely different.

Different lighting temperatures will make corals look much different.
GSP'S can spread quickly in the right conditions. Light, Flow, Parameters.

Deffinately green star polyps, they do grow very fast. I have some that two months ago were the size of a pencil eraser and are now the size of a golf ball, they will also spread and cover the rock.

Thanks , I'm surprised they are the same thing though , because my LFS's DT has both of these covering large rocks and neither look the same ...... But that is why I asked ^_^

I have put them in different areas one higher up with more of a flow, I am interested to see how this will affect growth , my water is is usually 0-0-0 .... I keep getting some phosphates ( less than .25 ) but that is my tap water I'm sure , still need to invest in a good RO/DO system.
Driving to Disney at this exact moment for a week so the RO/DO unit will have to wait a lil longer :-/ . I have a few corals , and none have negative impact , thought I killed my mushroom when I moved him and he recovered, my sun coral has recovered and is growing new heads quickly ..... So maybe I'm reading my phosphate test wrong .... But I do run a phosphate material , and chemi pure in my canister ( no sponges ) to reduce any phosphates i think I have ^_^ .

w00t for my new gsp's ( lol on a off topic GSP is also my fav UFC fighter )

Jlsardina said:
Where are you located? I need to find a good frag store

I live near Ottawa , Ontario ( that's in Canada :p ) if you are between Toronto and Ottawa , my good fag store is at Gananoque it's way cheaper than other place I can find frags , worth the drive , I pay the $5 for a mushroom, my 2 head hammer was only 20 ( 10 a head ) . And it is nice and big :) If you want to take a look he has a FB page " Forty Fathoms " profile pic is clown and green carpet Nem.

Back
Top Bottom