Maybe a coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JPloman

Aquarium Advice FINatic
One of my turbo snails has got the coolest shell in history! On his shell is this thing... I think it might be a coral but I am really not sure. It is hard when I pick it up and all the little things suck in... oh ya, Im being really descriptive... :oops:

The thing is a pink/fleshy color. When its all sucked into its holes, its hard like a hard coral but when its out, it look so soft and squishy. The things that come out look like little pink stars or something similar. They are obviously fliter feeders since they just chill on the back of my snail.

I have tried to take a photo but its hard to get the darn snail where I need him to get a good photo of his back. He is always either on the back glass or the front... never on the rocks (where I could easily take a good photo). I will keep trying, but in the mean time can you guys give me some ideas?

TIA

Well, I cant get a photo to be clear because the snail loves to suck on the front glass. My husband thinks they are xenia but I am not sure. I am sure they are not feather dusters. Its a big bunch, I mean like they cover the whole snail shell.

Back
Top Bottom