My first Zoanthid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbowles

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I got a free zoanthid frag from my LFS today, only problem is i have no idea how to id it lol. It is kind of small so getting a clear pic is very hard. It was a piece that had broken off one of the frags he had sold and so he gave it to me. It only has 5 small heads on it. In the center it is purple, then orange around that, then the small tentacles are green. It is very pretty i just really wonder what kind it is. If i can get a pic that is clear i will post asap. thanks

P.S. From the pics i can find online it seems to be maybe a dragon eye or an eagle eye maybe i have no clue lol but in looks anyway, that is what it resembles.

It sounds like a dragon eye but really, these are just marketing names for all the same animal so it will depend really on where you get it and what they are calling them at that time. Good luck with it. :)

I agree with fluff, common names for them seem to vary from store to store. I think the collectors come up a cool name and the next one comes up with a cooler name and the naming wars begin. LOL!

Pffft, whatever Scott. I bet my "superultrararecandygreenbalimonsterofdeatheaters" could beat up your lil "pansypolyps" XD :p

Ha, no really, Scott nailed it on the head :)

Lol, thanks i am very new to this SW world but should have guessed that it was something like that lol. Do they require anything special or just sit back and watch them grow?

Ahhh, but James, my "superultrararecandygreenbalimonsterofdeatheatersFLAMINGDOHICKEYS" (buy consuming them with flame) will beat yours!!! I'm also upgrading my "pansypolyps" with "thornypansypolyps"...thbbbpt!

I believe the correct spelling is "...flamingdoohickeys".

Two o's.

And technically... it probably should be "...hickies" if you have more than one.

You're welcome.

LOL!
Sorry to stray from the topic jbowles!

Back
Top Bottom