Need a crab ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zenn

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Found this guy recently. Today he was messing with one of my new Nassaruis snails. I'm not sure what his intentions were but he was right next to it just sitting there not doing much...then he left after a little while. At least he stayed around long enough for me to get a picture. So anyone know what he is? TIA

PS: it may help to temporarily save the image to your desktop and zoom in on the crab. The resolution is pretty high.

img_520531_0_ad6e5ce2505c3c6749e282835ae43154.jpg

Well, I can't give you a species name but by the looks of the claws, he's probably trashing mouthing your snails warning them to watch out when he gets a bit bigger. Great little scavenger but probably not snail friendly. I'd place him in a sump or fuge.

if he's goign to be a problem, then i'll toss him in the fuge with the urchins. I have this big bristle worm thing that ate a snail earlier today...sucks.

Yeah, with all the great things that come in on live rock, there is just about as much stuff that isn't as desirable. Crabs are cool though, glad your gonna keep him. :D

Back
Top Bottom