Perculiar clown with freckles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reefway

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
well I dont know if I am triping out or not but I am pretty darn sure that when I bought my 4 clown fishes 2 years ago they dont have this fleckle/beautymark all over their bodies(all four of them) rare,so rare!!!
are this a kinna parasitelike or what? does anyone know what it is?

Can you get a pic? What kind of clown fish? Are they in with your Regal, Naso and Powder Blue (in the 90G) tank?

I dont know what kind of perculiar are they but they are the regular orange with white stripe.yap they are in my tank.

White freckles? Look like salt or sugar? If so, start researching "marine ich".

And it's "percula" clown. If they truly just have orange and white, then most likely they're "ocellaris" clowns. Percula clown have orange, white, and black.

yap its the ocellaris percula,

Nope. That's like saying you drive a Ford Chevy. Either it's a ocellaris (orange/white) or it's a percula (orange/black/white).

and no its not ich its black freckles

Do you have any corals? Occasionally, my clown will get a little black spot (just one though) when it gets too close to either my torch coral or my closed brain when its sweeper tentacles are out. I've equated it to a chemical burn. But it sounds like we're talking more than one or two spots.

yap I have corals I have brains, frogspawn ect... but I dont think its because of that I will try to post some pics tonight or so

dont worry about the spots they go away. I have read on other sites that the clowns do this. They are trying to establish who the female will be. Mine did the same thing and after about 3 weeks voala I have a smaller one (male) and a bigger one (female) now. Welcome to the beautiful world of saltwater, enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom