Please help ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

foamythesquirrel

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I got this from my LFS about a month ago. They had gotten a bunch of frags in and this one caught my eye. I forgot to ask the name, and since it was so long ago the guys at the store couldn't remember. Here is a photo, and at times small sweepers will come out. The disk it is sitting on is a little larger than the diameter of a quarter. There are 4 different heads.

I am also curious if there are special requirements such as placement and foods.

Thanks for the feedback.

Attachments

• IMG_6445.jpg
    IMG_6445.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 53
Looks like an acan to me..or moon coral..(favia)

edit: don't take my word for it. I haven't had a sw tank for nearly 5-6 years.

Thanks for replies.
I started this one near the top in some heavy flow, but didn't do so well. Now on the surface with decent flow, but nothing stong like before. We'll see how this goes, had to buy some tiny mysis. The pack I bought for others are a little too big for this acan.

Yea, acans like lower light and less flow, or at least they do im my tanks. They will eat just about anything that lands on them. I had them eat a whole bristle worm that I squirt into my tank from another tank. I felt so bad for the lil worm. :(

Dont let them get a lot of light, or they will turn an ugly color on you! I think they come from deep water where mostly blue light is present.

Matt

Back
Top Bottom