Please help to identify?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nickcradd

Aquarium Advice Newbie
image.jpg

He was a stowaway on a piece of live rock recently purchased. He looks like an Anenome, please help to identify?

I think it's a majano anemone

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

How large is it and did you get the rock from another reefer, or was it uncured rock from the LFS?

It was attached to a piece of live rock, bought from a marine shop. Size of 2cm

image.jpg

Another one of my stowaway

Should I let it live or destroy it?

See rest of photos of stowaway. It is about 2cm/ 1" in diameter. Found on a piece of live rock bought from a marine shop.
Need to know if it is a pest and needs to be got rid of, or is a happy addition to my tank. Help!

attachment.php
starring at it it looks like a rock nem to me !

There's no way it's a rock nem they have beautiful discs and the mouths usually don't look like that I've had one myself if anything it looks like a majano nem my uncle has one

There's no way it's a rock nem they have beautiful discs and the mouths usually don't look like that I've had one myself if anything it looks like a majano nem my uncle has one

your argument is that this is not a rock nem based on its looks, but overall its shape looks similar and color/ mouth could be due to it being stuck behind some rock or not being cared for and browning out. who knows. i say let it GROW!!!

Back
Top Bottom