Brain Coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeslynben10

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Anyone able to help me identify this bad boy?! I think it's a brain coral but unsure. Also I have noticed these thin, long tentacle-looking strings that come out of it at times. Is that normal? If so, are they dangerous to fish? My clownfish are not to fond of it lol 20230317_185320.jpg20230317_185327.jpg

Anyone able to help me identify this bad boy?! I think it's a brain coral but unsure. Also I have noticed these thin, long tentacle-looking strings that come out of it at times. Is that normal? If so, are they dangerous to fish? My clownfish are not to fond of it lol View attachment 325153View attachment 325154

repost a pic under white or natural light. Colored lighting can change the perceived color of the corals making identification much harder.

the long skinny white tentacle things that come out at night are sweeper tentacles. They attack nearby corals and try to catch food. Make sure there is plenty of space around it and if any nearby corals start dying, move them.

the long skinny white tentacle things that come out at night are sweeper tentacles. They attack nearby corals and try to catch food. Make sure there is plenty of space around it and if any nearby corals start dying, move them.
Thank you so much! I actually do have coral around it dying I thought my blenny was the culprit now I know it's gotta be this guy.

Back
Top Bottom