Possibly some type of filter feeder ????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BallinCrew10

Aquarium Advice FINatic
They are a pinkish, purpleish color, have tube-like base and their tentacles seem more rigid than say an aptasia. They withdraw themselves fully when the lights go out. There is a small colony of them, not sure what they are but they haven't hurt anything yet. Thanks for any input.

Attachments

• IMG_20110317_142247.jpg
    IMG_20110317_142247.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 224
Though I had a feather duster that stayed open night and day. So perhaps its something else?

No def not dusters. I only mentioned the duster because it being a filter feeder was open night and day. These retract with the light off. So possibly a coral of some kind ? No idea, hopefully someone can chime in and let us know what we have.

Voodoo are yours in a position to get a good picture ? Maybe a better picture could help.

If they are star poylps is there anything I should know about them. Lighting, water flow, supplimenting ?

BallinCrew10 said:
If they are star poylps is there anything I should know about them. Lighting, water flow, supplimenting ?

Moderate lighting usual supplements calcium ,iodine,etc...they are very easy to care for.

Back
Top Bottom