snails without shells? now with pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

electrikat

Aquarium Advice Addict
We have recently found that our 20g is full of these. They look and clean just like snail only they don't seem to have shells. They do have raised spots on their backs like they want to have a shell or may be developing a shell. Some are very small but some are almost as big as the turbo snails, only without the shell of course. They do not look like any flat worm pictures I have been able to find, and I have been searching the web for two days looking for a picture of baby snails to see if it's them. You can see their mouths are working just like the snails do. Any good links to some sites that may have pictures.

Ok here's the deal. The front half of its' body has a shell like covering the back half does not. It moves much faster than any snail I've ever seen and was almost impossible to get off of the glass. After I was through taking pictures I picked it up to put it back in the tank and the front half seperated from the back half just as I dropped it in. Both halves started to crawl away and seem to be fine. I'm going to try to attach the pics now.

Attachments

• mvc-341f.jpg
    mvc-341f.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 69
  • mvc-343f.jpg
    mvc-343f.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 84
That's it!! Right down to the back half falling off and wriggling away. Thanks steve. kudos to you

Back
Top Bottom