Sponge?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gemach7

Aquarium Advice FINatic
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1440086571.936964.jpg
Appeared after I started dosing a small amount once a week of phytoplankton for my pods.

Assuming was in the live rock for the last 5 months and after food was present started growing.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Pineapple sponges. Common filter feeders. They are most likely being helped out by the food you're adding for the pods...but you don't need to do that. If you want to cultivate pods you can easily do it outside the tank without fouling up the water column in your display.1

Pineapple sponges. Common filter feeders. They are most likely being helped out by the food you're adding for the pods...but you don't need to do that. If you want to cultivate pods you can easily do it outside the tank without fouling up the water column in your display.1

Thanks,
I haven't noticed a change in my levels yet. Was more a test tbh the chaeto I purchased came with a bunch and was seeing if I could keep a population in my sump growing as an occasional snack for the fish when they went into the return on occasion.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom