Strange sound coming from my new LR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

capj64

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Bought two new chunks of LR today and I keep hearing a tap every so often. It sound like glass tapping on metal. It's just one tap and then it's a little while before I hear another.

Any ideas :confused:

probably a pistol shrimp. A mantis, I think has the same sound but constant rate.

Yeah, i agree. Probably a pistol shrimp.. however, it could be a mantis. You never really know until you find out. Maybe try and lure it out at night by putting some food out in the open..

So is the mantis shrimp. Lol thou it sounds more like a pistol shrimp from all ive read. Ive heard of people being surprised.

If you start seeing inverts disappear, then a supreme shrimp like preadator is on the loose. Get the room dark for a few hours and then turn on the red light and see what you have.

This is very embarrassing but I finally figured out what was making the tapping noise...the heater. LOL :D

Don't know when it started doing that, never noticed it before. But when it come on and goes off and then again, when cooling down, it clicks. Must be time for a new one even though it's only 4 months old.

But in my search for the "tapping" I did find that I have a tiny brittle star. :)

This is very embarrassing but I finally figured out what was making the tapping noise...the heater. LOL :D

Don't know when it started doing that, never noticed it before. But when it come on and goes off and then again, when cooling down, it clicks. Must be time for a new one even though it's only 4 months old.

But in my search for the "tapping" I did find that I have a tiny brittle star. :)

hahaha. (y)

Back
Top Bottom