Swimming worm??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IchthyChris

Aquarium Advice Regular
When the lights came on this morning I peeked in to check on things and I saw something new. It was a long thin worm with a strange tail. It was clear, very thin, and about an inch & 1/2 long. It had legs and antennae on the front and small black eyes. The weirdest thing was its feather-like tail. It didn't wriggle. It just hovered an inch above a rock. It's tail fluttered and it slowly swam to the rock and hid. Couldn't get a picture but this is how I remember it:

image-546948260.jpg

Sounds like it could have been a fan worm. Google that and see if it matches. Or could've possibly been a feather duster looking for a new home??? But sounds more like a fan worm.

Thanks. I looked up fan worm and all that came up is feather dusters. This worm had a feather shaped tail fin. It was using it for propulsion, not as gills like feather dusters. I'm pretty sure it came in on some stuff I got from Florida. I'll see if I can find it again and get a picture.

Back
Top Bottom