Tiny white bugs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flyingbulldog

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have several tiny white bugs crawling around my tank when the light is off. All parameters are good and wondering if I should worry?

Hi. No, it does not move around, and the lighting situation does not seem to have an affect on where it is. It almost is like an algae of some sort, but it does not really seem like algae either! I'll post a few more photos!

Attachments

• image-422683750.jpg
    image-422683750.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 113
  • image-3025377140.jpg
    image-3025377140.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 110
  • image-716022380.jpg
    image-716022380.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 126
Are they sitting on the glass? Take a flashlight a while after your lights went off and check the glass.
It does sound like pods, which is a good thing!

I have several tiny white bugs crawling around my tank when the light is off. All parameters are good and wondering if I should worry?

Sounds like pods.

Hi. No, it does not move around, and the lighting situation does not seem to have an affect on where it is. It almost is like an algae of some sort, but it does not really seem like algae either! I'll post a few more photos!

I'm confused right now, can someone explain? Is this the same post or are we talking to two different people in the same thread?

Why am I looking at pictures of algae and talking about pods. Maybe I just need my coffee.

I'm so confused right now

I have to admit I couldn't see anything on the pics either but it's hard to take a pic of pods.

Sounds like pods.

I'm confused right now, can someone explain? Is this the same post or are we talking to two different people in the same thread?

Why am I looking at pictures of algae and talking about pods. Maybe I just need my coffee.

I'm so confused right now

Yea it's two diff probs in one thread one is pods the other guy possible sponges lol

They are pods, and the other pic from the wrong thread are sponges...lol.

Something like these guys?
img_2297351_0_094323d555f9b864f50ddc42fe2f0e7a.jpg

the asterinia starfish is a good size reference-
img_2297351_1_0b75712e1a876d8814b3ebc7045d1f07.jpg

They are pods, and the other pic from the wrong thread are sponges...lol.

Something like these guys?

the asterinia starfish is a good size reference-

I like how you always have the right pictures! ;)

I took those pictures. I took a crash course on reef keeping when I decided to start a marine livestock business. I tried to record every experience I had, so that some day, it would be helpful to someone.

I took those pictures. I took a crash course on reef keeping when I decided to start a marine livestock business. I tried to record every experience I had, so that some day, it would be helpful to someone.

Well I'm glad you did! Helps us all a lot.

Me x. They are smaller and do not sit still. I tried taking a pic and forget about it. They ran in the LR. This how I discovered thrm. I'm going with pods. Nothing is dying so no worries

Pods are a general term to cover copepods, amphipods, isopods....
It's certainly one of those, and I agree that they are nothing to worry about.

Back
Top Bottom