Type of flatworm? Bad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sillyfishies

Aquarium Advice Addict
So my refugium is infested with these flatworm things. I'm not sure if they're good or bad.

This is what they look like, except a bit more brown.

Heres another example, expect mine are a dark brown.
149e24e862fcfe.jpg

I have been feeding my refugium with the fish, to help my pod population. I'm pretty sure they started showing up with the feedings.

Those are flatworms. The brown variety aren't supposed to be a big deal from what I've read about them...but I have heard accounts of their population getting so large that they end up smothering out corals by preventing them from getting any light. I'd simply suck them all out with some airline tubing.

Those are flatworms. The brown variety aren't supposed to be a big deal from what I've read about them...but I have heard accounts of their population getting so large that they end up smothering out corals by preventing them from getting any light. I'd simply suck them all out with some airline tubing.

Thanks. My waterchange is tomorrow, so I'll suck out a bunch. I was trying to help my pod population, but I ended up getting 50:1 flatworm to pod population.

Back
Top Bottom