weird thing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

morgan24

Aquarium Advice Freak
i got this picture of the web and it said it was a sspheroid or something like that but then i seen a post in here and they said it was a isopod and it was a bad thing. i have two of these things in my tank. does anyone know what they are and if they are bad or good :?:

Attachments

• t_know_what_u_are.jpg
    t_know_what_u_are.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 147
  • t_know_what_u_are.jpg
    t_know_what_u_are.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 145
Cirolanid Isopods. There are preditory and will latch onto your fish to feed. You really should rid your tank of them as you see them.

lr-hitchiker

i wonder how long will it take to for my new lr to start showing all of it little critters. i've had it for about a month now and nothing but a few of these things.

Attachments

• t_know_what_u_are_128.jpg
    t_know_what_u_are_128.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 179
How is your search and destroy mission going on the isopods?
The best time to see hitchhikers is at night. Turn all your lights out and wait about half an hour for everything to come out. Then got spot lighting with a flashlight. It works even better if you have a light with a red filter so the white light isn't scaring everything back into the rock.

i got a light with a red filter to i'm going to try and find it. i never found any thing last night but i will try again when i get home from work tonight

I just killed one in my tank the other night. Damn Isopods. They are HARD to kill. I found my hanging out in a hole in my rock and stabbed it with a knife. They have a very hard exoskeleton. Good luck killing them.

Back
Top Bottom