Fish tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kt86

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Can anybody to me what these thing are in this picture if they are good or bad and where do they come from

Attachments

• 20231104_183742.jpg
    20231104_183742.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 16
Not a very clear photo. Can you provide a better photo or a description of what you are trying identify?

What size are they? Are they in the water or on the glass? Are they moving about?

They are white or clear with 3 are 4 tentacles

They are attached to the glass my sponge filter and some of the aquarium plants. Mostly stay around the sponge filter

Attachments

• 20231105_145956.jpg
    20231105_145956.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 15
They are attached to the glass my sponge filter and some of the aquarium plants. Mostly stay around the sponge filter

The white things are Hydras. Most likely came in on your plants. :( They are not a good thing to have as they can sting small/larval fish or invertebrates.
Fish like Guppies, Bettas or Gouramis tend to eat them but if you do not have any of these species, you can do physical removal with tweezers or chemical removal with medicines using fenbendazole ( make sure this med will not adversely effect anything in your tank prior to use. ) If there are no live fish or invertebrates in the tank or those can be removed temporarily to another tank, you can starve the hydra out but not adding any foods until the hydra have starved and died. This process will probably take a few weeks so it's not a quick fix but an effective one.

Hope this helps. (y)

Back
Top Bottom