What goo is this? Did my crab explode?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abbly

Aquarium Advice Activist
I woke up this morning to find my crab in the corner by a piece of LR.. With all this yellowish-green goo everywhere . He isn't moving and there is this red/orange worm type thing with caterpillar type legs by it ? Are they related to each other ? Does anyone know what might of happened ?
The worm is crawling under a piece of LR and is alive . What should I do?

Attachments

• image-5612563.jpg
    image-5612563.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 163
  • image-3911088685.jpg
    image-3911088685.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 156
the worm is probably eating whatever that stuff is. i have never seen the greenish stuff though. i would just let it be.

Looks like your crab died. The orange worm is a fire bristle worm. They come from the Atlantic ocean and are one of the only bristle worms that have toxic bristles so don't touch them with your bare hands other wise you'll get stung (feels like a bee sting). You should remove the dead crab before it starts breaking down further in the tank.

looks like a regular bristle worm to me,a good janitor,check on the crab after lights out before you remove it,as Mr X leave it be.

Ok thanks for the advice ... He is not dead lol because he's gone. He stayed there for a day or 2 and then he's gone so he must be alive . Still not sure what happened . The goo is still there , but is breaking down or the worm is eating it .

Back
Top Bottom