what sort of anemone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i think we decided on BTA, but where did the bubbles go?? those pics of the anemone have changed a bit, ill show you a pic of it now. the the tentacles are alot more thin. no1 has told me if i have to feed it either?

Attachments

• pa230017_383.jpg
    pa230017_383.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 24
  • pa230014_140.jpg
    pa230014_140.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 24
Yes you need to feed it since it is severly bleached. 2-3 times a week would be good since it doesn't get much of its nutrition from the lights atm.

There is no scientific answer as to why/what cases the bubbles to appear or dissappear. Some say stress, or lighting, or whether or not a clown is hosting, but there isn't really a definitive answer. The presence or lack of bubble's shouldn't really be used to judge health of an anemone.

I just found a nice litle site explaining anemones a lot clearer to me and i found this bit of information on BTA's and it explains my anemone exactly.

These anemones tend to wander around the tank more than others, sometimes causing their own deaths from lack of light or being sucked through a powerhead. They like to have their foot shaded inside a crevice in the rock or coral with their tentacles in the light.

IMO and IME they don't tend to move more then other anemones. My oldest bta has been in the same spot for 9 months.

Anemones will move when they are stressed. If there is nothing bothering them they will stay put.

What website are you talking about?

Back
Top Bottom